Mission Fish is the nonprofit that powers the eBay Giving Works program. Anyone can sell the contents of their attic, closet, garage or err, unusual holiday gifts on eBay, and support their favorite cause by donating 10% to 100% of the final sale price to one of the over 9,700 nonprofits registered with them.
Here's how it works for nonprofits and sellers:
1. Nonprofits sign up with Mission Fish.If you are a regular eBay buyer, you can search by keyword on the eBay Giving Works site for listings with the charity icon: , or you can go on MissionFish and search for your favorite nonprofit or cause's page.
2. eBay sellers pick a nonprofit and a percentage to share for each sale.
3. Once the item is listed, bidding begins on eBay. (Nonprofits reserve the right to cancel items listed on their behalf.)
4. If the item sells, the seller gets paid by the buyer and ships the item - same as always.
5. MissionFish collects the donation from the seller, pays the nonprofit and provides a tax receipt. (Does not apply to Nonprofit Direct Sellers).