Monday, May 04, 2009

Be Bold Podcast: Create a Career with Impact Episode 10

A new episode of Echoing Green's Be Bold Podcast: Create a Career with Impact is up for your listening pleasure. Lara Galinsky, the Senior Vice President of Echoing Green offers advice to two listeners' with questions about creating a career with impact.

I'm the show's host (:

You can listen to the program online on Echoing Green, subscribe via iTunes, or listen to it on the little player below.

Send in your questions about how to create a career with impact to bebold@echoinggreen.org



Question 1:

I've been a development professional for 3 years (1.5 in membership and 1.5 in grantwriting). I would like to move out of development and into programmatic work, but am having no luck. I've tried to highlight the skills I've gained that would be valuable to program work (communication skills, research, project management, etc.), but I'm worried that they're just not perceived as good enough (i.e., related enough) to qualify me.

I've heard that most development professionals have a hard time breaking into program work. Is this true? What can I do?

Question 2:

How do I overcome hesitation and fear of public speaking? I feel like this is holding back my career.

Bookmark and Share




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact