As some of you know, I do some blogging for The Extraordinaries, a microvolunteering application that you can use on your iPhone, or your computer.
Most of the microvolunteering opportunities are for nonprofits, but the folks at The Extraordinaries recently added a Have Fun Do Good microvolunteer opportunity! Wahoo!
You can either share a story about how you, another person, or a group is having fun and doing good, or take a photo of a way you can have fun and do good at the same time. I'll be checking the submissions from time to time, and featuring some of them here.
No photos have been submitted yet, but six people have submitted stories (see some of them below). I hope you'll share your Have Fun Do Good stories (:
- i helped to start a neighborhood party that now happens every 6 weeks at a different neighbor's house each time. out of the event, there have been apartments found, relationships made, business brokered, friendships formed, and a stronger neighborhood created as a result.
- My sorority contributes to the Robbie Page Memorial Fund every year and we also create a fun craft for children with terminal illnesses.
- I am a Iron Soul. The Iron Souls is a Motorcycle Club based out of Oakland California that gives back to the betterment of the community. We like to ride Harley's, and have fun most of all, but we also work with foundations like Lend A Hand, Mother Wright Foundation, and a few others. We also do things like Turkey dive/giveaways to the less fortunite. We really have fun doing it too.
- our school asb hosted a hats on day where students could wear hats to school to help raise funds for the foundation for children with cancer.
- Habitat for Humanity is an awesome to meet people, have fun, AND do something amazing for a family. This organization is completely volunteer and donation reliant so it is satisfying to know that you are helping change someone's life. Building, painting, even nailing two boards together is giving hope to people that don't have sufficient help. I had a great time doing many projects with Habitat for Humanity and look forward to having more fun and accomplishing things in the future!