Quick note to say that my pal Kimberly Wilson's company, TranquiliT, is having a summer sale of 40% off till July 30th when you use the code SUMMERTIME.
If you want a super steal, apply the coupon to their Sale section (it's not visible on the main menu, but it is if you click on any of the garment categories).
In April, TranquiliT was named an "eco-chic rising star" by The Fashion Group International of Greater Washington D.C., Inc. Here's the skinny, from the TranquiliT site, on why they are so eco-fabulous:
"1. All of our products are made of rayon made from organic bamboo. The bamboo that is used in the process is a fast-growing native species that is entirely renewable.
2. All TranquiliT pieces are sweatshop free and sewn in the USA.
3. TraquiliT donates a percentage of profits to Tranquil Space Foundation which brings yoga, creativity, and leadership to women and girls.
4. A tree is planted for every shipment that is sent out to help offset carbon emissions from the delivery process.
5. We will be offering an eco “shipping package turns to tote” option at the checkout process shortly. This new mailer can be turned inside out after the shipping process to be used as a canvas tote (made of recycled content), eliminating all waste from our shipping process and allowing you to have a lovely reusable tote for all your shopping excursions.
6. All other orders will be shipped via a poly-mailer, which offers the most lightweight and smallest packaging available to reduce weight and space on freighters. They also offer the most protection from damage of your goods from moisture. We are constantly in search of new 100% recyclable mailers. Feel free to return your poly-mailer to us and we’ll gladly reuse it!
7. All of our postcard ads are printed on 100% recycled paper and printed with soy inks.
8. Online shoppers receive a lovely black TranquiliT pen made from recycled tires and an organic lavender sachet."
Full disclosure: I'm a TranquiliT affiliate (: