Each year I post a list of favorite Have Fun Do Good books. I have a feeling Moonrise: The Power of Women Leading from the Heart will be included this year.
Moonrise is a collection of 37 pieces by women leaders (and a handful of men) edited by Bioneers cofounder, Nina Simons, with Anneke Campbell. Each essay, or transcript of a panel discussion, is a perfect nugget of inspiration to read before you start, or end your day.
Contributors include Big Vision Podcast interviewees:
- Anna Lappe, author of Diet for a Hot Planet
- Jensine Larsen, founder of World Pulse
- Melinda Kramer, founder of Women's Earth Alliance
- Kavita Ramdas, former President of the Global Fund for Women
Some of the contributors I'll be adding to my Big Vision Podcast interview wish list include:
- Lily Yeh, author of Awakening Creativity: Dandelion School Blossoms
- Rachel Naomi Remen, author of Kitchen Table Wisdom and My Grandfather's Blessings
- Judy Wicks, founder of the White Dog Cafe, and cofounder of BALLE
- Latifah Simon, executive director of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Kathy LeMay, author of The Generosity Plan
- Jessica Rimington, founder of One World Youth Project
- Cheryl Charles, cofounder of Children and Nature Network, and coauthor of Coming Home: Community, Creativity and Consciousness
- Sofia Quintero, author of Divas Don't Yield and cofounder of Sister Outsider Entertainment