The Following the Equator blog has several ideas for Super Bowl Fundraisers including raffling off a flat screen TV, and setting up a football pool.
The Souper Bowl of Caring's mission is to use, "Super Bowl weekend to mobilize youth to fight hunger and poverty in their local communities."
- The Yarn Garden in Carlisle, PA is hosting its 2nd Annual Soup'er Bowl Party benefiting Project S.H.A.R.E. The more non-perishable food items you donate, the bigger the discount you receive.
- The youth at the Farmville Baptist Church in Farmville, VA will be collecting donations after the service for their local food bank, FACES.
- In Gainesville, FL, VISTO (Volunteers in Service to Others) will host a Souper Bowl Sunday Luncheon. The VISTO Board of Directors prepares the soups that are given away for a suggested donation of $5.
- According to the blog, Look to the Stars: The World of Celebrity Giving, actor Ashton Kutcher is hosting a party in Tampa, FL to raise money for the Giving Back Fund.
- American Idol winner, Jordin Sparks, is hosting two events this week in Tampa as part of her 2nd Annual Jordin Sparks Experience Charity Event.
- The New York Times article, Is Star Power Enough to Sell Beer in Hard Times? Two Brewers Hope So, reports that Conan O’Brien is donating his fees to appear in an Anheuser-Busch Super Bowl commercial to The Fresh Air Fund.
- Pittsburgh-based FedEx Ground and the Pittsburgh Steelers created the Towels for Troops campaign in conjunction with Military Connections. "FedEx will be shipping thousands of Terrible Towels® to Steelers fans who are serving in the military overseas."
- Before the Super Bowl, Campbell's Chunky soups ran a Click for Cans Campaign. Fans were asked to "click" their team to victory on the Campbell's site. Campbell's Chunky soup and the NFL will donate 18,000 cans of soup to the winning team's local Feeding America food bank. This year's winner was the Green Bay Packers.
- According to the article, Super Bowl Ads for Good Causes, on Cincinnati.com, Kellogg's will ask viewers to, "go to FrostedFlakes.com and nominate a kids playing field to be rebuilt on Kellogg's dime," and Pedigree will promote dog adoption.
Cross-posted from BlogHer.com
Flickr photo credit: Gingery Sweet Potato Soup uploaded by thebittenword.com