|Rain "sparkles" by me
A friend who is between jobs recently asked me, "Is there one piece of advice you would give to a creative person when they are looking for their next job, or project?"
I responded, "Notice what 'sparkles' for you."
I think of "sparkles" as things that make you smile, makes time fly, or that you all of a sudden become very curious about (even if you don't understand why).
If you are a "creative" type, you already know that most creative projects don't usually happen in a straight line: A to Z. They often begin with something small: a craving for an ingredient, a phrase you can't stop thinking about, an attraction to a color, or a problem that piques your interest. My experience has been that if you follow that sparkle, and the next one and the next one, they will take you on a curvy route to your next big vision.
If you're in the middle of a transition and trying to figure out what to do next, follow you sparkles, even if they don't make logical sense. They will light the way.
Over the next three days, notice what "sparkles" for you:
- What brings you joy?
- What are you attracted to?
- What are you curious about?
Capture your "sparkles" in your journal, in a conversation with a friend, or with photos.
- Are there any themes that run through all of your sparkles?
- How can you bring more of what sparkles into your life?
* I will be moving Have Fun, Do Good over to my website, brittbravo.com. If you would like to receive my posts via email or RSS, the prompts to subscribe are at the bottom of brittbravo.com.