Want a great do-good, feel-good holiday gift that doesn’t cost a dime? A Love List is one of the best gifts you can give someone. It's simple and fun to create. Here’s what you do:
1. Set aside an hour to make your Love List.
2. Play some music and maybe dig up a photo of the gift recipient. (That’s for inspiration, but you might decide to include it as part of the presentation!)
3. Get out a pen and paper and start thinking about things you love about this person. Let yourself be open to all the thoughts that drop in.
- Do you love her laugh?
- The way she greets you with a warm hug whenever you see her?
- Those Rilke poems she gave you?
- The memory of your college trip to Paris when you wore the blue beret and she donned the red one?!
4. Once you have your list, you can present it as-is, or get creative. I've posted a video on Simply Celebrate that will give some ideas on creative ways to present your Love List. You can also request a free Love List download that will give you even more ideas for how to present your Love List, as well as a ready-made list to complete.
I’d LOVE to hear yours!
The Love List feels good to make and is great to receive. I hope you’ll try one for someone you dearly love!