Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Be a Net2Builder!



As I mentioned in my November 3rd post, I am working as a Community Builder with NetSquared, a project of Tech Soup.

One of the things NetSquared is looking for is folks to research and write up profiles of nonprofits who are successfully using emerging technology like:

blogging
podcasting
social bookmarking
social networking
tagging
wikis
RSS feeds
SMS/cellphones
aggregation

to further their missions (if you are unfamiliar with any of the above categories, you can click on them and see their definitions in Wikipedia).

Writing up a nonprofit profile only takes 15-20 minutes. If you know of some fabu nonprofits that are using these tools and want them to be highlighted, just register (if you haven't already), login, go to the "Put Your Voice in the Mix" page: click on "submit your case study" and fill out the form.

Our goal is to create a gallery of case studies that will provide inspiration and information for other nonprofits. You can check out the ones we've profiled so far here.

Also, we are hosting gatherings for Bay Area nonprofit and web innovators interested in connecting communities for social change the second Tuesday of every month. The next Net Tuesday will be held on December 13th at the Balazo Gallery (2183 Mission St.@ 18th Street) at 6 PM. Ed Batista, Executive Director of Attention Trust and Seth Sternberg from Meebo will be presenting. You can RSVP on Upcoming, or just show up!

You can hear last month's speakers, Chris Messina from Flock, CompuMentor's Marnie Webb and yours truly, on the NetSquared Channel on Odeo.

If writing up a case study or going to a Net Tuesday feels too time consuming, you can also help by tagging web sites in del.icio.us, photos in Flickr and personal blog entries that relate to NetSquared with the tag "net2" and they will feed into the NetSquared news aggregator.

Finally, anyone who is registered on NetSquared can blog on the NetSquared blog about Net2 related things. I'm double blogging right now, here and on the NetSquared blog.

I really believe that many of these technologies can help nonprofits get the word out and build community around their work so if any of the above interests you, and you'd like to get involved, let me know.






8 comments:

  1. These are GREAT Toby!

    Would you have time to write them up on www.netsquared.org? It would probably take about 20 minutes to do each one.

    All you have to do is register, log in, go to: http://www.netsquared.org/participate/put-your-voice-in-the-mix, hit "submit case study" and fill out the form. If you have any trouble filling out the form, please let me know.

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so Dr ODOMA, Again at first I taught he was joking about his penis enlargement herbs but I gave him a try,and he made herbal medicine and send it to me and told me within one week of using the product that my penis will be big,to my greatest surprise a week after using the product my penis was big and the happiness that was lost in my family was revived with the help of Dr ODOMA. If you have a bad sex lifestyle, you can contact him for any enlargement crime email;- drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348100649947 i love you so much dr 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of HPV as soon as i feel the symptoms of HPV are appearing, I take the healing process by contacting Dr Ogedegbe for natural treatment, it works wonders and amazingly. Ever since I had the herbal treatment i have not feel this virus anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, I am glad I finally got cured out from this disease. Any HPV or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr Ogedegbe to get rid of any disease forever his You can contact him on his email via dr.ogedegbe6@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348109374702 or visit his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Hx8eErDaQ3gZce2U87GSQ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone. Dr Ishiaku herbs is a good remedy for herpes Virus , I was a carrier of herpes virus and I saw a testimony on how Dr. Ishiaku cure Herpes Virus, I decided to contact him, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. After he finish he sent me the herbs which i took for 2 weeks before asking me to go for a check up and getting there i could not believe that i was confirm HSV 2 Negative after the test, Today i am so happy because i'm free from herpes disease with the help of Dr. Ishiaku . Thank God now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr. Ishiaku herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to God for making it possible. you can reach him on his email, i strongly recommend him to any one out here looking for a cure to herpes or any other deadly disease...Contact Dr ishiaku via email: ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com or whatsapp +234818082844

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr Ishiaku herbal medicine is mighty and genuine,I use Melissa oil
    and Lavender Healing herbs but result were just still the same.But using
    Doctor Ishiaku herbal medicine cured my herpes final and I have being
    living for 2 years now No Sores.My herpes is truly gone.Contact him if you
    interested of his herbal medicine and he as well cure the
    following....HIV...HERPES,,COPD..FIBROID..ASTHMA..DIABETES..SICKLE
    CELL...ALS..EPILEPSY,,HEPATITIS...CANCER...LOVE SPELL ...
    ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com.......ishiakuherbalcure@gmail.com Or Whats-app
    +2348180828544

    ReplyDelete
  6. A big vision is a dream of every person. It is a nice interesting content. Now its time to avail napa limo service for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The post is really fantastic and I appreciate your services.
    expert essay help

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. Thanks for sharing with us. I want to share information about the Mobile app development company in Pune. The significance of mobile app development has grown exponentially, and Mobile App Development Companies in Pune assume a crucial role in meeting this demand. As enterprises endeavor to maintain competitiveness and contemporary relevance, the imperative of possessing a mobile app has progressed beyond mere luxury to become an integral facet of a triumphant business strategy.

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact