Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Giving Circles

Good Morning America did a story this morning on something I have been wanting to write about for a while, giving circles.

They profiled a giving circle called, Dining for Women, a group of women who get together once a month for dinner and to learn about and financially support grassroots organizations that serve women and children.

Giving circles are basically groups of people who support a cause by joining their resources together. They are sometimes referred to as, "social investment clubs.”

The Giving Circle Knowledge Center has tons of information about how to start a giving circle.

Which brings me back to the idea of combining my love of cupcakes with my desire to make the world a better place. Cupcakes for a Cause already exists. Perhaps a monthly cupcake tasting/giving circle . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact