Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Be Bold Podcast: Create a Career with Impact Episodes 7 & 8

A new episode of Echoing Green's Be Bold Podcast: Create a Career with Impact is up for your listening pleasure. Lara Galinsky, the Senior Vice President of Echoing Green offers advice for 4 listeners' questions. (I'm the show's host).

You can listen to the show online on Echoing Green, or subscribe via iTunes.

Episode 7
1. What does it mean to be a leader working for social change, as a community organizer, where the emphasis is on collaboration, to build upon the natural skills and talents already present within the community and to share power?

In other words, describe leadership models that support social change organizing.
2. I am 41 years old and work as a nonprofit ED and grant proposal writing consultant. I will start courses towards an MBA in October, and would like to earn a CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive). I really want to advance into a CEO realm, and lead a large organization, but I am not sure if I am positioning myself correctly.

What advice would you have?
Episode 8

1. I'm launching a CPA/consulting firm dedicated to advising and helping organizations and individuals who value people and planet. I'm interested in locating highly qualified business partners, but so many people want the guarantee and stability of a firm paycheck.

How do I locate and entice dreamers, risk takers and do-gooders to collaborate in an entrepreneurial venture and share some of the risk?

2. I am passionately interested in the future, and in cutting edge ideas and solutions. I would like to empower women, youth and seniors (underserved people) by providing easy to understand information and resources on alternative energy, sustainable living, green jobs and old and new conservation practices.

Do you have any suggestions on where I can amass extensive information on these subjects on my own? Are there government agencies, nonprofits, individuals, trade organizations, or businesses providing this service now?

Some of the conferences are quite expensive. and as a single parent, often a six-day-a week full time employee, I am unable to attend a college courses, or a university at this time


Bookmark and Share







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact