I'll be speaking about podcasting at the Community Technology Network Meetup in San Francisco on October 22nd.
I have 3 new posts up on WE tv's WE Volunteer blog:
- 60+ Network TV Shows Highlight Volunteerism Oct. 19-25
- Make a Difference Day: October 24th
- Step Up Women's Network: WE Volunteer Charity of the Month
And 1 new post on the Global Center for Cultural Entrepreneurship blog:
5 Ways Theatres Can Use Social Media
- Did you know that now you don't need an iPhone to micro-volunteer with The Extraordinaries? Check it out at www.beextra.org/widget.
- Share your service hero story. It might be featured during a week of volunteer and service related television programming happening October 19-25th as part of the Entertainment Industry Foundation's iParticipate initiative.
- To celebrate EIF's iParticipate initiative, The Chronicle of Philanthropy's VolunTV Challenge is inviting individuals and charity organizations to think of ideas for how volunteerism could be incorporated into their favorite TV shows. Send in your story pitches in writing or video. You could win a $5,000 or $2,500 donation in your name to the charity of your choice.
- Enter the 2009 America's Giving Challenge. You could win a donation of up to $50,000 for your favorite cause.
- Nominate and vote for your favorite Changemaker on Change.org.
- Join DonorsChoose's 2009 Social Media Challenge to raise money for education.