Soooo, I thought I'd share my answers to my seven simple social media plan questions in case you'd like to put yours on paper too (:
Lemme know if you have any questions.
1. Why are you using social media? What's your goal?
- Inspire people with stories and examples of people having fun and doing good.
- Reach potential clients for have fun-do good career coaching, big vision project planning, and newbie, creative blogging trainings and coaching.
2. Who do you want to connect with? Who is your audience?
- Creative people who have big visions for a better world.
- People who want to have fun and do good.
3. What kinds of content do you want to share? What kinds of content would be valuable to your audience?
- Stories, resources, and examples of having fun and doing good.
- Interviews with people who have big visions for a better world.
- Blogging tips and advice.
- Have fun-do good career tips and advice.
4. What social media tools would be appropriate for sharing your content, and connecting with your audience?
5. How much time do you want to spend on social media? How much time will you spend a. creating media, and b. being social?
- Blog: 1-2 posts per week. Read blogs 1-2 times per week. Comment on 1-2 posts per week.
- Podcast: 1 show per month. Comment on one podcast per month.
- Twitter: 1-2 tweets per day. 1-2 RTs per day.
- Facebook: 1-2 updates per day. 1-2 comments, or thumbs up per day.
- Review and respond to Google Alerts and Twitter Search results for mentions of my name, and the names and URLs of my blog, podcast and website each day.
6. How will you know if social media is helping you reach your goal(s)? How will you measure your impact?
I'll know I've reached my goals if I:
- Receive one comment, or email per month from someone saying they were inspired by the content I shared.
- Connect with one or two new clients per month who say they found me through social media.
- Am having fun!
- Blog: Subscribers, site visits, comments, and the posts with the most engagement (using PostRank).
- Podcast: Subscribers, comments/emails from listeners.
- Twitter: Followers and retweets.
- Facebook: Friends, comments, and thumbs up.
In four months. Beginning of September.
Photo of me on forest path by the hubs. It's supposed to represent setting off into the social media wilderness!