Friday, December 31, 2010

Gift and Core Story: Reverb 10 Finale

Below are my answers to the last two prompts from Reverb 10, an annual event and online initiative to reflect on the past year, and the year ahead.  Thanks for reading along during my reflections.  I don't know about you, but I'm ready to move forward into 2011. You can see the rest of my Reverb 10 posts here.

Page from my visual journal

December 30 - Gift
This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? (Prompt by Holly Root).


I have received many wonderful gifts this year, but the one that I will probably use for the rest of my life was learning how to visual journal during a workshop this spring with Lisa Sonora Beam

I *love* it and have found visual journaling to be, dare I say it, an even more effective reflective tool than written journaling.

another page . . .

December 31 - Core Story
What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.) (Prompt by Molly O’Neill).

Gosh, that's a big question that I don't even know how to answer. . . . I think the main theme I see when I look back over my Reverb 10 answers, and over my experiences of the past year, is that the daily practice I did for the 40 days leading up to my birthday in 2009, (move, play, reflect, connect) really is the key to my happiness.

What is the key to your happiness in 2011?


last one . . .


Bookmark and Share




Share

4 comments:

  1. Very Inspiring, B! Thank you! I love seeing some pages form your visual journal, and have to agree...after YEARS of keeping written Journals, my Visual Journal (thx to YOU!) has got my heart and been a deeply nourishing, powerful ally. I spent about an hour today with it, rather than in traditional new year resolution reflection. I also love and resonate with your awareness of the value of daily practices of "move, play, reflect, connect." Sounds like you have mined the treasure of what brings you to life, and brings life to you! And then, you give it all back so generously! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank *you* for all of the inspiring work you do (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your visual journal! I learned about Lisa from your blog and went to her Puerto Vallarta retreat in November - I love visual journaling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halle ~ How was the retreat?

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact