"We don't necessarily expect to go to the farmers' market to get our vegetables and have someone beaming a big smile and offering us a hug. These things break the trance of the culture, and I love that. It feels like that's a way in which the arts can be visionary, be change agents, and also be really fun and playful, which is primary to living." - Gabriela Masala
One Love Alliance. The One Love Alliance creates visionary arts community flash mob events that are both transformative and entertaining, and that are fueled by the values of unity, playfulness, creativity and love.
She is the creator of the Inner Wealth Deck, and is a choreographer, dancer, intuitive consultant, retreat leader, and mom. She's also the wife of Kenya Masala, whose song, "Mango Delight," I use for the Big Vision Podcast's intro and outro.
You can listen and subscribe to the Big Vision Podcast via iTunes, its landing page, or on the player above. If you have suggestions for people I should interview, please email me at britt AT brittbravo DOT com.
- I've got two blogging workshops coming up. The Juicy Blogging e-course (Feb 2-23) and Blogging for Writers at the Writing Salon in San Francisco (January 29). For more info, go to http://brittbravo.com/speaking
- Gabriela mentioned Improv Everywhere as a resource for people who want to learn more about how to organize flash mobs. Their book is, Causing a Scene: Extraordinary Pranks in Ordinary Places with Improv Everywhere.
- You can watch a video from the One Love Alliance's Free Hugs farmers' market event on Gabriela's YouTube Channel.
- Website: http://www.innerwealthintuitiveconsultations.com
- Blog: http://onelovealliance.blogspot.com
- Twitter: @onelovealliance
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gmasala1
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/gabrielamasala
- Website: http://brittbravo.com
- Speaking and workshop calendar: http://brittbravo.com/speaking
- Blog: http://havefundogood.blogspot.com
- Twitter: @Bbravo
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/britt.bravo
- Secret Agent L: Covering the Globe with Random Acts of Kindness (November 30, 2010)
- Favianna Rodriguez: Political Digital Artist and Printmaker (December 23, 2008)