You don't have to be a vegetarian, or vegan (I'm not) to join, you just have to want to eat less meat. You could join for a variety of reasons: environmental, animal rights, health, or because you want a creative cooking challenge.
Here's how I'm thinking it would work (I'm open to suggestions):
- I'd select a vegetarian, or vegan cookbook for us to cook from during the month.
- Each Meatless Monday I'll post about recipes that I tried from the cookbook.
- You share the recipes you tried, how they turned out, and any changes you made as a comment, a link to your blog post, or a link to a Flickr photo of what you made.
- On the last Meatless Monday of the month, I'll do a round up post of some of our comments, blog posts and photos, and announce next month's VegCookbook.
Which of these VegCookbooks are you the most excited to cook from in January?
- Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- Plenty: Vibrant Recipes from London's Ottolenghi by Yotam Ottolenghi
- Super Natural Every Day: Well-loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen by Heidi Swanson
- The Vegan Slow Cooker: Simply Set It and Go with 150 Recipes for Intensely Flavorful, Fuss-Free Fare Everyone (Vegan or Not!) Will Devour by Kathy Hester
- Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
I'm looking forward to cooking with you!
Full disclosure: I have an Amazon Associates account. If you buy something on Amazon after clicking one of the cookbook links, I get a percentage of the sale.