It worked so well that even when the 21 days were over, we continued to text each other after we meditated. A year and half later, our meditation practices certainly aren't perfect, but they're so much a part of our lives that we no longer text about it. We've moved on to new projects!
Heather is working on finishing her book, and I'm trying to get back into the swing of regular blogging, so now we text each when we're going to write, and when we finish. Once again, it's working! I'm posting here for the first time in almost two months.
It's such a simple process, but one that has made a huge difference in our lives.
Below are a few tips for texting with your Big Vision Buddy:
- Pick a Big Vision Buddy who is also working on a project, or habit. It's more fun for the support to be two-way, rather than one-way.
- Also, your Buddy should be someone who you aren't competitive with, or who isn't emotionally invested in the completion of your goal, or project.
- Nudge don't judge. If your Buddy hasn't texted you in a while, gently ask them how things are going, and how you can support their getting back on track.
Big Vision to-dos for you:
- Pick a project, or habit you would like to work on this week, this month, or this fall.
- Ask someone to be your Big Vision Buddy.
- Start texting!
Speaking of which, I'm going to go text Heather now!
Photo of Heater by In Her Image Photography
* I will be moving Have Fun, Do Good over to my website, brittbravo.com. If you would like to receive my posts via email or RSS, the prompts to subscribe are at the bottom of brittbravo.com.