I've been to the Green Festival in San Francisco for the past four years and each year I look forward to it. It's affordable, the tickets are $15, and it's super fun. I took my parents last year and they are coming out again this year to go again.
The Green Festival is October 14-15 in Washington DC, November 10-12 in San Francisco, and April 21-22, 2007 in Chicago.
There are tons of amazing speakers at all of the events, including some fabulous visionary, activist and social entrepreneurial women.
Check out some of the women speaking at the Green Festival in San Francisco:
* Alice Walker will be speaking about "We Are the Ones We Have Been Waiting For."
* Alisa Gravitz, Co-op America's Executive Director, will be talking about "Solar Future: Making It Happen Now."
* My friend, Alli Chagi-Starr, will be talking about arts activism and her organization Art in Action.
* Amy Goodman from Democracy Now! will speak about "Independent Media in a Time of War."
* Joan Blades, co-founder of MoveOn.org, will speak about,"Motherhood: The Next Political Movement."
* Lisa Day of Participant Productions is on a panel entitled, "Changing Minds Through Media."
* Medea Benjamin, Founding Director of Global Exchange will talk about Code Pink, which she co-founded.
If you live on the West Coast, East Coast or in the Midwest, it's worth the trip to check out your local Green Festival.