Friday, October 26, 2007

A Meaningful Book Meme

I was invited by Matt of the Empathy blog to participate in a Book Meme earlier this month and am just getting around to it:

Total number of books I own:

About 350. Wow. I never counted my books before.

Last book I read:

Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World by Bill Clinton.



I'm almost done with a review copy of We Make Change by Kristin Layng Szakos and Joe Szakos, which you'll be hearing more about later.



Last book I bought:

What is the What by Dave Eggers, for a friend's birthday. I'm hoping I can borrow it after she is done (:

5 Meaningful Books

It doesn't define what it means by meaningful so, the 5 most meaningful books for me this year so far, in the order I read them are:

A Mighty Heart by Mariane Pearl




Not On Our Watch by Don Cheadle and John Prendergast




Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert





Writing to Change the World by Mary Pipher




Women Who Light the Dark by Paola Gianturco




5 People to Tag

I created a Favorite Do Good Book List in 2005 and 2006. I think I'll tag some of the bloggers who commented on those lists:

Bumblebee Sweet Potato
Gayle Roberts at Fundraising for Nonprofits
Marmalade.ca
California Fever
Present Tensed


All book cover images taken from Powells.com.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:55 PM

    Thanks for the recommended reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag! Mine is up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eat, Pray, Love is one of the most meaningful books I've ever read - loved seeing it on your list.

    I'm currently re-reading it by listening to the audio version on my iPod where Elizabeth reads it. It's delightful.

    Your list also reminded me that I want to read Clinton's book on Giving - so I'm heading to Amazon right now to take a peek...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle By Barbara Kingsolver, Camille Kingsolver and Steven L. Hopp right now. It may be my favorite book of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Britt,

    Thanks for the tag. Took me awhile to get to it, but I've posted my list of meaningful books on my blog.

    Peace,
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact