Thursday, December 04, 2008

Mindapple: What's Your 5-A-Day?

Super duper nonprofit tech blogger Amy Sample Ward has tagged me in a new meme started by Mindapples: What's Your 5-A-Day?

I'm supposed to share the five things I do each day that keep my mind healthy (kinda like how five servings of fruits and veggies keep your body healthy), and then tag 5 more bloggers to share their 5-A-Day.

My 5-A-Day:

1. Yoga. If I have time, I like to do Rodney Yee's 25 minute Power Yoga - Flexibility DVD. If I'm short on time, I do a few of the routines from Kimberly Wilson's Hip Tranquil Chick book.

2. Journal. I'm not really a narrative journal writer. More of a brain dumper. I like to start each day describing my "ideal day" to help me focus on what I want to do that day.

3. Read. I **love** to read. I find that even if I only get to read a few pages in the morning, I write better and think more creatively that day. Plus, I like learning new things. Right now I am reading How Did I Get So Busy?, as a result of my recent 29-Day Giving Challenge reflections, and CauseWired as part of my ongoing "professional development."

If you connect with me on Facebook (let me know you are a Have Fun * Do Good reader), you can see my reading lists on GoodReads and Visual Bookshelf.

4. Cook. I also love cooking. If I have time to cook a proper dinner (Annie's mac n' cheese doesn't count) I know my life is in balance. Right now I'm having fun trying recipes from Nigella Express 'cause they are yummy, but quick. I recommend the Linguine with Lemon, Garlic and Mushrooms and the Flash-fried Steak with White Bean Mash. I'm going to try the Pea and Pesto Soup tonight.

5. Spend time with my hubs. What can I say? He's my favorite person. Life is more fun when he's around. Check out his new website: www.soundbravo.com

6. (Bonus) Laugh at our cat (pictured above). Not a day goes by when she doesn't crack me up and help me take life less seriously.

To continue the meme, I tag:

happykatie
Into the Studio
Jen Lemen
Life Unfolds
Vale of Evening Fog




9 comments:

  1. That's a great list, Britt! If you ever want to try a Vegan cookbook, I recommend Veganomicon. It was the one cookbook that we brought with us to London! We have never made anything from it that wasn't amazing (like the Shepheard's pie with plantains, sweet potatoes, yucca, corn, etc.; or the potato and kale enchiladas).

    Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kitty is ca-uuuute. Do I have a fellow LOLcats fan in you?

    Great meme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion, Amy! Two cookbooks I use a lot are How it All Vegan! and The Garden of Vegan. The Portabello Mushroom Bake in one of them is divine!

    Qui - Yup, I heart LOL cats, and Cute Overload.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britt - love your list & glad you shared the name of your cookbook!

    I'm currently reading CauseWired as well - courtesy of Beth Kanter & Tom Watson via a give-away on Beth's blog.

    A side note - Amy's name sounded familiar & in following that up I've discovered her site. So thank you for that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cynthia,

    How are you enjoying CauseWired.

    Amy is great. You'll enjoy following her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great list, Britt. and the comments, i've got to check out Veganomicom !!

    thanks, Patty - GH

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're so healthy ... great list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Britt! I'm almost finished with CauseWired and will be doing a review on Amazon then. It's been a great read!

    I'll be passing it on to my boss in the hopes that she'll have a better understanding of the things I'm learning and attempting to do. Being older, we tend to have a resistance to technology beyond your basic internet, lol!

    And I agree with your opinion of Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's a link to Veganomicon, for folks who want to check it out.

    Oh kanter, I'm not that healthy. I ate two chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and chocolate chips yesterday, and stayed up till 12:30 AM watching episodes of Boston Legal and Leverage that I Tivo'd.

    Wow, Cynthia, you are a fast reader!

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact