Change Starts at Home is a website that, "educates, inspires, and empowers women to change the world by easily making changes in their own lives." One of its regular features is monthly profiles of changemakers like:
- Alex Martin, who wore the same brown dress, that she made herself, for a year.
- Raegan Payne, author of The Good Muse, who is trying to volunteer for 50 organizations before 2010, and blog about each experience.
- Jennifer Caldwell, Founder of Hope to Action: Women for a Greener Planet.
The site also shares other economic, environmental and socially themed stories like:
- Home Green Home by Amy Gregg of Mom Go Green.
- Peace, Love & Soap: Mom of Two Turned Entrepreneur by Change Starts at Home founder, Laura Rose, about the homemade soap company, Peace, Love & Soap.
- How to Go Green by blogger Nadine Weil of Heart of Green.
If you have an article you would like to submit to Change Starts at Home, or a nonprofit that you would like them to know about, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cross-posted from BlogHer.com.