Monday, December 06, 2010

What was the last thing you made? (Reverb 10)

Yesterday I joined Reverb 10, an online initiative that provides daily prompts to help you reflect on the past year, and the year ahead.  Today's question (submitted by Gretchen Rubin) is:

What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? 

In November, I participated in Leah Piken Kolidas' Art Every Day Month which was *totally* fun!  Every day I made "art" which ranged from painted postcards, to 1-hour totes, to embroidery, to new recipes, to collages.  You can see what I made on Flickr, and below:


It was definitely one of the highlights of my year, and confirmed for me that making things makes me happy.

Something I'd like to make, but need to clear time for, is to learn how to make a patchwork scarf, quilt, or something with all of my fabric scraps.  If you can recommend any super simple tutorials, or books that can show me how to do that, I'd love to know about it (:


Bookmark and Share




Share

2 comments:

  1. Hey B! As always, thanks for the amazing inspiration! I agree-making things makes me happy too... and it is a way of being good to myself. I see/feel the beneficial power of how this impacts my daughter, family and friends too. In this wild and crazy world, getting our hands and hearts immersed in the process of creation/creativity is golden! Love and gratitude, G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I always feel good when I am making or creating! I love to see everything come together and get that finished product.

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact