A list of some of the people, things, and events that inspired me, or added fun to my week.
The Generosity Plan, and interviewed her for the Big Vision Podcast. I'll post our conversation next week.
• Started Jane McGonigal's book, Reality is Broken: Why Games Make Us Better and How They Can Change the World. I know next to nothing about gaming (the last game I played was probably Lady Bug on my Colecovision), so I'm finding it super interesting. I'm looking forward to the chapters about social changey games like they have at Games for Change.
• Interviewed Kim Rosen, author of Saved by a Poem, for the Arts and Healing Podcast. I'll post our conversation next week too.
• Ate plantains at Caña with the hubs. I meant to take a photo, but they were so yummy, I forgot (:
Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar to bring to lunch with friends today.
• Went to a wonderful gathering last night at Teahouse Studio. Chatted with all kinds of creative ladies:
Mati Rose McDonough
Lisa Sonora Beam
Sherry Richert Belul
• Listened to my 1-hour Get up and Go Morning Mix on my iPod each day. Does anyone know how I can share my mix with you now that iTunes has gotten rid of iMixes? My favorite song of the moment is an oldie by Mama Cass, "Make Your Own Kinda Music." I've posted a video of her singing it below. Enjoy!