Meatless Monday is a nonprofit initiative of The Monday Campaigns. Their goal is to help reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health. Each week I share meatless recipes I've tried from cookbooks and online. You can see past Meatless Monday posts here.
This week's recipe was created by the hubs and me. He cooked and I wrote down what he did. While I'm a recipe follower, he's a recipe creator (and everything he makes is delish!) The "recipe" that follows is more of a guide to inspire your inner stir-fry chef.
Adriano's Udon Stir Fry
- Package of fine udon noodles
- Sesame oil
- 2 t pre-minced garlic from a jar
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 4 (more, or less) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 T Lee Kum Kee black bean garlic sauce
- 4 baby bok choy, chopped
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Rice vinegar, to taste
- China Bowl hot oil, to taste
- 1 scallion (the green part) finely chopped
- Prepare udon noodles according to package.
- While the noodles cook, heat sesame oil, (or any oil) in your wok.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic, pepper and onions to wok. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and black bean garlic sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the bok choy + the soy sauce, hot oil, and rice vinegar to taste. Cook for 1 minute. Stir constantly.
- Add the drained noodles. Cook for 1 minute.
- Serve in big bowls garnished with scallions.
What are some your favorite meatless stir-fry combinations?