Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Five Minutes of Fame in a Student Carbon Offset Documentary


A looooong time ago, in March 2007, I wrote a blog post, What Do You Think of Carbon Offsets? which led to a local magazine including me in a piece, Carbon Credit Report, in its August 2007 issue.

Honestly, I hadn't given carbon offsets much thought again until this past May. A high school student called to ask if I would be in her school project: a video about carbon offsets. I thanked her, and told her that I wouldn't be a good person to interview because I don't buy carbon offsets anymore.

A few days later, she called back to say that she'd gotten the same response from a couple other people she'd approached, so she decided that asking people why they don't purchase carbon offsets was an angle worth pursuing. Smart cookie!

She did a great job with her assignment. She interviewed five people: me, Tom Kelly (Executive Director, KyotoUSA), Erin Craig (CEO, TerraPass), Kathryn Sarkis (Marketing Manager, TerraPass), and Todd Jones (Center for Resource Solutions, ‎Green-e Climate Manager).

It's only 12 minutes long, so give it a watch, and support a student filmmaker. She's our future!




****


The next Juicy Blogging E-Course is September 5-October 3, 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact