Father's Day is next week (June 21). Do you know what you're getting your dad?
Below are a few gift ideas to add to my Do-Good Gifts for Dad list from last year:
1. In her post, Feel Good Father's Day Gifts, Bargain Babe suggests using GoodSearch to find and purchase your gift. According to the GoodSearch site, up to 30% of your purchase goes to the cause of your choice.
3. In her post, Green Deals and Giveaways, Miss Malaprop.com suggests getting your dad a pair of TOMS Shoes. For each pair you buy, TOMS will give a pair of shoes to a child who can't afford them.
4. The IE Mommy has a list 5 gift ideas in her post, Make a Difference on Father's Day. One of them is to support dads in the military by making a donation in your father's honor to the USO, Operation Home Front, or AnySoldier.com.
5. In the post, Get Fit for Father's Day, That's Fit points to the American Council on Exercise's article about giving your Dad the gift of exercising together by going for a hike, working out at the gym, or playing golf--without the golf cart!
6. On Twitter, @maggieleithead (Maggie Leithead) writes that she gave her dad a CPAWS (Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society) donation last year. You can also Adopt an Acre in your Dad's name through Nature Conservancy.
7. Also on Twitter, @jcwiley (Jesse Wiley) suggests checking out the green clothing buying guide on Treehugger, purchasing a Taste of the Nation ticket to help end childhood hunger, and giving a loan to an entrepreneur through Kiva.org in your Dad's name (gift certificates are available too).
What are some other do-good gifts for Dad?
Cross-posted from BlogHer.com.
Photo of my Dad and I going for a walk last weekend taken by my camera's timer (: