Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Birthday Blog

On August 19th, this blog turned 1 and I turned 37. Wahoo! I celebrated by spending the day at the Craigslist Nonprofit Boot Camp where I heard what I think will be my quote for the year in a speech by Van Jones of the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights,

"You have a dream inside yourself, and it is an impossible dream. That is why the Creator gave it to your crazy ass. If it was easy, She would have given it to someone else."

The next day I continued celebrating with a trip to the farmer's market, lunch at Cafe Gratitude with friends, and a cupcake at the Teacake Bakeshop.

I have a lot to be grateful for this year and a few "impossible" dreams for the year to come.

My dream for the writing I do for this blog, BlogHer and NetSquared, and for the interviews I do for the Big Vision Podcast is to somehow make a difference, to live up to how one friend described Have Fun * Do Good as, "inspiring people by seeing the efforts of others in hopes that they will be moved to act themselves."

Thanks to all of you who read this blog and pass posts on to friends. You have my gratitude.



5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:35 AM

    That quotation is wonderful. I think for anyone who is driven by a vision of something has asked the question "Why me?" or "Am I crazy?". Now the pearl has been cast before us... let us not be swine. Thanks for sharing.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:00 AM

    Happy Birthday Britt! Keep up the great work in all of your endeavors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to you Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:27 AM

    I just discovered this post by accident and I'm glad I did :) Excellent quote and really inspirational - indeed there's always a purpose why something happens to you. And you always get what you give.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margot,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the quote. Thanks for reading Have Fun * Do Good.

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact