No one raised their hand.
I know everyone is all abuzz about Twitter and blogs and Facebook, but the reality is, not everyone uses social media; almost everybody uses email.
It is amazing to me how many organizations and entrepreneurs don't have an e-newsletter, or if they do, it is deathly boring. If you fit into either category, below is a roundup of e-newsletter tips and advice to give yourself a crash course and get you going:
- 10 Surprisingly Easy and Startlingly Effective Ways to Improve Your Nonprofit E-Newsletter by Kivi Leroux Miller on Nonprofit Marketing Guide.com (check out all of Kivi's posts about e-newsletters)
- Email & E-News Musts Outlined at Marketing Sherpa Summit by Nancy Schwartz on Getting Attention (check out all of Nancy's posts about email and e-newsletters)
- A Few Good Broadcast Email Tools on Idealware
- Some steps to a better enewsletter by Jeff Brooks on Donor Power Blog
- All of the Email 101 articles in Network for Good's Learning Center
- 10 Fast Tips to Boost E-newsletter Performance by Allyson Kapin on Frogloop
- How eNewsletters Can Kill Your Non-Profit by John Haydon on JohnHaydon.com
- Getting Blasted: Six Ways that Nonprofit Email Misses the Point and Damages Relationships with Stakeholders by Michael Gilbert on Nonprofit Online News
- Choosing an Online eNewsletter Tool by Jason Pfeiffer on Communicopia
- The Mercifully Brief, Real World Guide to Raising Thousands (If Not Tens of Thousands) of Dollars With Email by Madeline Stanionis (book)