“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
Breakfast Blogging Club of the East Bay. I thought that all of you who are bloggers, or who want to start a blog, might find them useful too. What tips would you add to the list?
- Write about what you care about. What moves you?
- Write about what other people care about. What will move them?
- Be a problem-solver. How can you help?
- Be a human. What does your blogging voice sound like?
- Keep it short, except when you need to be long. Can you say what you need to say in 100-200 words?
- Use images. Can you take photos that inspire you throughout the week with your cell phone?
- Invite guest posts. Who would you love to write a post for your blog?
- Write guest posts. Whose blog would you love to write a post for?
- Build relationships online and offline. Is your blog's URL listed on your business card?
- Share the link love. What topics do you naturally read a lot about?
- Make it easy to share. Do you have an AddThis, ShareThis, or TweetMeme button on the bottom of each post?
- Make it easy to subscribe. Do you have a prompt to subscribe by RSS and email near the top of your blog?
- Share your posts, but not only your posts, on Twitter. Are you sharing other people's posts too?
- Share your posts, but not only your posts, on Facebook. Are you sharing other people's posts too?
- Numbered lists are magical. What kind of how to, best of, or tip list posts can you write?
- Write regularly. More is good (but not if it’s boring). How many posts can you commit to writing each week? One post per week is better than no posts.
- Create goals you can measure. Why are you blogging? How will you know if your blog is a success?
- If you have goals, you’ll find the time. How much time do you want to give to your blogging goals and dreams each week?
- Treat blogging like the creative process it is. When do you write best (morning, afternoon, evening, weekends)?
- People will forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made the feel. How do you want your readers to feel after they read your blog?
Come blog with me!
My Juicy Blogging E-Course starts June 1st.