I thought I'd share what I made in case you'd like some inspiration for your Meatless Monday dinner tonight!
• Cannellini Beans Braised in Tomato and Herbs
A friend sent me this recipe clipped from a Martha Stewart Magazine in 1991! I make it all the time. According to the clipping, it's originally from Verdura: Vegetables Italian Style by Viana La Place.
• Slice of Celebration Roast by Field Roast Grain Meat
• Sauteed Asparagus with Aged Gouda Cheese from Martha Stewart Magazine. I usually just grate a little parm on them, rather than use aged Gouda.
• Near East Brown Rice Pilaf
• Rigatoni with Creamy Mushroom Sauce from Giada De Laurentiis's Everyday Italian on the Food Network
• Lettuce with Green Salad Vinaigrette from Barefoot in Paris by Ina Garten (not pictured).
I make this dressing constantly, but don't include the egg yolk. The version I've linked to on the Food Network is a little different than the one in the book, but I'm sure it's still good. I've never made anything by Ina Garten that wasn't delicious.
• Greens with Carrots, Feta Cheese and Brown Rice from Whole Food Market Recipes
• Chickpea Toss from The Garden of Vegan by Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer
I make the Chickpea Toss a lot too, but without the olives. It's a super quick, and yummy side that adds protein to your meal.
• Spinach Pasta with Edamame Pesto
• Strawberry-Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
All of these recipes are from Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.
Super tasty, but it took some time to make. That said, if you made the vinaigrette and pesto the night before, it would be quick to wash the spinach, and make the pasta when you got home from work.
• Potato, Leek, and Feta Tart from Real Simple recipes
Very tasty. I like Real Simple recipes 'cause they're quick to make. This would have gone even faster if I'd remembered to take the store-bought pie crust out of the freezer!
• Sauteed Carrots from Barefoot Contessa Family Style
This is another recipe I make regularly. Garten's veggie side dish recipes are always simple and delicious.
I love trying veggie and vegan recipes, so please share your favorites in the comments.
I'm also going to do a round up later this week of your favorite vegan and veggie cookbooks, so please share those in the comments of, 12 Vegetarian and Vegan Cookbooks. What Are Your Favorites?
All photos are taken with my iPhone, and made pretty with Instagram.