1. Write about what excites you, not what you think you should write about.
2. Learn from the best. What blogs do you looove to read? Why do you love them? How can you incorporate what makes those blogs wonderful into your blog?
3. Schedule blogging time into your week, just like you'd block out time for something else that's important to you.
4. Share your posts on your favorite social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
5. Link unto others as you'd like to be linked to. Write posts with links to blog posts you love, share other bloggers' posts on your social networks, ask your favorite bloggers if they'd like to guest post on your blog.
Opportunities to Make Your Blog Juicy
Bay Area folks
• I'm teaching a Jumpstart Your Blog! workshop at the Writing Salon in Berkeley on July 9th
• I'll be one of the Write Brain | Essential Content Development workshop leaders at BlogHer '11 on August 5th.
• My next Juicy Blogging E-Course runs from September 21-October 12.
Investment: $75 when you register before September 15. $100 after September 15.
• I also offer one-on-one blog coaching via phone, or Skype.
Investment: $100 for one hour session. $325 when you pre-pay for 4 one-hour sessions.