A list of some of the people, things, and events that inspired me, or added fun to my week:
Jamie's Food Revolution out of the library this week, and am excited to try some recipes.
2. While writing a post about Five Father's Day Donation Gift Ideas for WE Volunteer, I came across the HeroRATs project on GlobalGiving. The rats are trained to sniff out landmines!
3. One of my Juicy Blogging e-course students shared this exquisite video from the blog, tiger in a jar, about baking. It's called the beauty of creation, and I can't stop thinking about it:
beet cake from tiger in a jar on Vimeo.
4. I enjoyed listening to Jamie Ridler's podcast with Miranda Hersey while making dinner last night. Miranda interviewed mothers about how they found time to create. One of the 6 things she found in common was that they all exercised regularly. Interesting, no?
5. This video of Stephen Colbert demonstrating how Paul Revere could have ridden a horse while ringing a bell and firing a gun (àla Sarah Palin's version of American history) made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe. If you just want to see him riding the "horse," jump ahead to minute 4:30.
6. I'm inspired to start sewing more this summer after watching Kimberly Wilson's DIY Sewing interview and demonstration with Allison Lince-Bentley of Bits of Thread Sewing Studio.
What inspired you this week?