Monday, November 14, 2011

Meatless Monday: Dilled Potato, Pink Bean and Green Bean Soup + Sunday Night Pasta + Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pie

Meatless Monday is a nonprofit initiative of The Monday Campaigns. Their goal is to help reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health.  Each week I share meatless recipes I've tried from cookbooks and online.  You can see past Meatless Monday posts by clicking here.

Thursday night I made an old stand-by, Dilled Potato, Pink Bean, and Green Bean Soup from Vegetarian Soups for All Seasons by Nava Atlas, which lasted us through the weekend.


Sunday night we were a little low on groceries, so I made a quickie pasta. While the spaghetti was cooking, I chopped up a head of garlic, and sauteed it in garlic oil with red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and a little butter (you can use margarine, if you're vegan). In a separate little pan I sauteed a can of chick peas (rinse them first), and frozen peas in garlic oil (thanks, Heather, for the pea idea).  I added  the pasta to the garlic mixture, heated it through for a bit, and served it with the garbanzo and pea mixture on top along with some parmesan cheese for the hubs, and nutritional yeast for me.  Delish.

We're coming into that time of the month when all I want to eat is chocolate pie (you know what I'm talking about ladies), so I broke out my review copy of Vegan Pie in the Sky by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero, and made their Old Fashioned Chocolate Pudding Pie with a Graham Cracker Crust.  Yum! You're in luck, 'cause the recipe was in the New York Times last week in Tara Parker Pope's article Can You Bake a Vegan Pie? If you make one, let me know how you like it.




What yummy meatless dishes did you make last week?

Full disclosure: The cookbooks I linked to are attached to my Amazon Associates account, which means that if you buy anything after clicking on the link, I get a percentage of the sale.  

Bookmark and Share

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact