Monday, July 18, 2011

Meatless Monday: Tofu Scramble, Avocado Toast + Eating Nasturiums

Meatless Monday is a nonprofit initiative of The Monday Campaigns. Their goal is to help reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health.  Each week I share meatless recipe ideas I find in cookbooks and online.  You can see past Meatless Monday posts here.

 Tofu Scramble + Avocado Nasturtium Toast

 I *love* breakfast. I could eat breakfast foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which is why I'm a big fan of tofu scramble.  It works for every meal. The tofu scramble recipe I used is from Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.  You can view it on Google Books.

I served the scramble to some pals for brunch this weekend along with avocado on toast, and slices of watermelon.  I was inspired to add a nasturium by an avocado toast recipe I saw on the Eating for Education blog.


I'm still working my way through Appetite for Reduction (also by Isa Chandra Moskowitz).  Last week, I made her recipes for Red Thai Tofu and Bhutanese Pineapple Rice.  I couldn't find Bhutanese rice, so I just used brown basmati.

The tofu recipe was OK, but when you put it with the pineapple rice it becomes super yummy, especially if you add just a little extra soy sauce.  These recipes aren't online, but you can find lots of other fabulous Isa creations on her website, Post Punk Kitchen.

Creating recipes doesn't come naturally to me, so I was pretty proud of myself that I made up this simple summer salad: avocado + cherry tomatoes + bermuda onion + lemon juice + olive oil + white wine vinegar + salt + pepper.  Delish!

What yummy meatless dishes did you make this week?








Bookmark and Share




Share

2 comments:

  1. I'm a vegetarian so every Monday (and other day for that matter) is Meatless :) Tonight I plan to make some quinoa with tomatoes and tomato basil Tofurkey sausage. Yum! This sounds like a great recipe to try soon. And that summer salad sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley,

    How do you like Tofurky sausage? I've become a big fan of Field Roast sausages: http://www.fieldroast.com/

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact