First the rules:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they've been taggedThen the facts:
1. Before I started blogging, podcasting, and consulting for nonprofits, I worked for six years at an arts education nonprofit teaching autobiographical writing to San Francisco public middle school students using storytelling and theater.
2. My favorite books when I was growing up were Harriet the Spy, My Side of the Mountain, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler and the biographies of Virginia Dare and Sacajewea.
3. My best friend in grade school used to call me Birt. My best friend from college called me Britthead because of my big hair. She still calls me BH.
4. I had a lot of food allergies growing up, including chocolate. I used to crush candy bars inside their wrappers at the grocery store 'cause I couldn't eat them. Nice, huh?
5. My maiden name is Aageson (Bravo is my husband's name). Because of the double "A", I had to sit in the first seat in the first row in school. On the first day, when the teacher would call roll, they would always look at the student list, raise their eyebrows and then say, "Britt . . . . .?" so they wouldn't have to pronounce my last name.
6. My favorite colors are orange and red.
7. I worked at Mystic Seaport for a little while after college where one of my jobs was presenting a slide show about whaling, including a harpoon demonstration. Lemme know if you need to know anything about baleen.
8. I majored in Sociology at Vassar. My thesis was about the increased interest in holistic health as a social movement.
Vale of Evening Fog
Into the Studio
Waiting for a Train
Fake Plastic Fish