Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lovely Daily Show Interview with Jane Goodall

The hubs and I have been catching up on our Tivo'd shows after our awesome vacation in Maine last week.

On Sunday night, we watched a lovely interview on The Daily Show with Dr. Jane Goodall, who has a new book out, Hope for Animals and Their World: How Endangered Species Are Being Rescued from the Brink.

This little piece of the interview keeps coming back to me:

Jon Stewart: Here's what I love about the work you do. You ooze compassion and helpfulness, and all those great qualities, but not extremism. You seem to have a very reasonable approach to the animal world and saving endangered species. I mentioned to you earlier, I enjoy the occasional cheeseburger. You were OK with that.

Jane Goodall: I'm OK with that.

Jon Stewart: Thank you. Do you find that the world that you travel in, other than the chimp world, is filled with extremists?

Jane Goodall: There's an awful lot of extremists and fundamentalists, and you would agree, that's really what's gone wrong with the planet right now. It's the fundamentalists, whether they're right, left, center, whatever they are, if they're fundamentalists, they're dangerous.
It's that last part that keeps resonating with me. In order to make the world a better place we all need to be more flexible, and get comfortable moving in and out of wherever we live naturally: left, right, or center.


The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Jane Goodall
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis



Bookmark and Share







1 comment:

  1. I loved that! And I agree that all fundamentalism is dangerous...and it is not evolutionary.

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact