This year, after reading in the article, How to Be Productive: Stop Working, that walking (or other aerobic activity) keeps your mind, as well as your body fit, I've decided to walk into the first 41 days of being 41 with 30-minutes of walking each day, starting on my b-day, August 19th.
The biggest challenge, I think, will be making the time to do it. I'd love your suggestions for how you make time to exercise, or to do whatever it is that is that nourishes you.
I'd also love any musical suggestions as I create my 30-minute walking playlists (you can see one below in my MixPod mix).
I've collected a few more articles and posts about the benefits of walking on your mind, if you're interested:
- Go for a Walk on Psychologytoday.com.
- Mental Benefits of Walking on Arthritistoday.com
- The physical and psychological benefits of walking on Active.com
- Walking for Your Mind and Spirit on About.com
- Fit Body, Fit Mind? Your Workout Makes You Smarter (preview) on Scientificamerican.com