Thursday, October 14, 2010

How to Find Your Have Fun, Do Good

Your Have Fun
What do you find fun, amusing and joyful?  How you like to play?

 +

Your Do Good
What do you feel makes the world, and individual's lives better, and does good? 


=

Your Have Fun, Do Good

A combination of ideas from your Have Fun list and your Do Good list



I've been playing around with this equation, and posted some of my ideas below.  I'd love it if you tried it, and shared your ways to have fun and do good.

My Have Fun
 What I find fun, amusing and joyful.  How I like to play.
  • Cooking (especially new recipes)
  • Baking (especially cupcakes!)
  • Feeding people
  • Reading
  • Sewing and embroidery
  • Gardening
  • Journal writing
  • Blogging
  • Collage
  • Having adventures with the hubs
  • Eating
  • Funny TV shows
  • Funny movies and action movies
  • Doing yoga
  • Dancing
  • Walking
  • Spending time with groups of women friends
  • Connecting people/networking
  • Interviewing people
  • Listening to Latin music
  • Helping people find and create work they love
  • Trying new restaurants
  • Playing with our cat

My Do Good
What I feel makes the world and individual's lives better, and does good.
  • Volunteering my skills
  • Donating money and goods
  • Doing work I enjoy
  • Raising awareness about an organization, or a cause
  • Really listening to people
  • Highlighting solutions to problems
  • Helping people find and create work they love
  • Being a conscious consumer
  • Supporting my local economy
  • Knowing my neighbors
  • Adopting animals
  • Being compassionate
  • Appreciating what I have, rather than focusing on what I don't have
  • Being a loving daughter, wife and friend
  • Being involved in my neighborhood/community

If I combine some of the ideas from both lists, I get a bunch of ways I can have fun and go good.

My Have Fun, Do Good 
  • Volunteer as a Reading Partner at my local public school.
  • Join, or start a Dining for Women group, or something equivalent.
  • Host a cupcake fundraiser or friendraiser for an organization I believe in, like the East Bay Vegan Bakesale does.
  • Join a read-a-thon, or blog-a-thon for a cause I care about (anyone know of one?).
  • Keep a gratitude journal, or make monthly gratitude collages
  • Participate in a fundraising walk for a cause I care about, like Women for Women International's Run for Congo Women.
  • Sew something that people need, like pillowcases for the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge .
  • Create a funny TV show, movie, or YouTube video list/gift package for someone who is feeling blue.
  • Adopt another pet.
  • Help people create work they love and express themselves as a blog and creative career coach.
  • Host a podcast that features interviews with people who have big visions for a better world.
  • Write a blog about having fun and doing good!

I hope you'll share what your Have Fun, Do Good equation adds up to.

Next week I'll begin hosting a series of guest posts from some of the bloggers listed in, Have Fun, Do Good Blogroll: 65+ Nonprofit, Technology, Creativity, Food, Green and Pals' Blogs.  They'll be sharing how they have fun and do good.

Bookmark and Share




Share

6 comments:

  1. Have fun ->
    Travel
    Write
    Create
    Meet new people
    Never stop learning

    +

    Do good ->
    Create jobs for women
    Put more kids in school
    Address root causes of violence
    Educate consumers about fair trade
    Solve PROBLEMS

    =

    One Mango Tree

    what started as a side hobby and happily became my life's work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I posted my list on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! This is *so* cool. Thanks so much for sharing your ways of having fun and doing good, Halle and Emily.

    Halle ~ maybe you should post yours on your blog too, like Emily did:

    http://eweinb04.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-have-fun-and-do-good.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you put it together! Simple and brilliant :) I have to work on that too, I'm am posting a ling to your blog on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. simple and so right!
    I was working on those two themes but great idea to mix them. I'll put a link on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, m_fight. Glad you liked the post (:

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact