Monday, July 04, 2011

Meatless Monday: Black Bean, Zucchini and Olive Tacos + Edamame Pesto + Banana "Ice Cream"

Meatless Monday is a nonprofit initiative of The Monday Campaigns. Their goal is to help reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health.

This week I made two more recipes from Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, + one recipe I found online. 

Black Bean, Zucchini, and Olive Tacos

Very yummy.  The key is the Garlic-Lemon Yogurt sauce. You can view the recipe on Food.com. (One detail they forgot to add was to grate the garlic for the "yogurt" sauce.  Also, I didn't include the jalapeños when I made it).


Edamame Pesto

I mentioned this dish in my post, 5 Meatless Dinner Ideas, but it was so tasty, I had to share it again!  You can view the recipe on Google Books.

Banana "Ice Cream"


My favorite dish of the week was based on the Banana "Ice Cream" recipe I found on Fatfree Vegan Recipes.  It's just frozen banana whipped up into creamy yumminess in a food processor.  I added a splash of Vanilla Coconut Dream Coconut Drink and a spoonful of peanut butter.  Heavenly!


Bookmark and Share




Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact