"I think as cooks there's something sort of innate in us that's about sharing and being generous and giving to people." -Samin Nosrat
Samin Nosrat creates community around food with her varied endeavors as a cook, teacher, writer, and accidental activist. She's known for the Pop-Up General Store, Tartine Afterhours dinners, Home Ec Cooking Classes, and the nationwide Bakesale for Japan that raised $140,000.
Her newest project is organizing Chez Panisse Foundation's Eating for Education, a grassroots effort to create national awareness about school kitchen/garden programs. At the heart of all of Samin's work is the fundamental belief in the power of food to create meaningful connection.
You can listen and subscribe to the Big Vision Podcast via iTunes, or on the player above. If you have suggestions for people I should interview, please email me at britt AT brittbravo DOT com.
I have three workshops coming up:
- July 9: Jumpstart your Blog! workshop at the Writing Salon in Berkeley, CA.
- August 5: I'll be at BlogHer '11 in San Diego and co-presenting The Write Brain – Essential Blog Content Development Workshop.
- September 21-October 12: I'll be offering my Juicy Blogging E-Course: The Art and Play of Blogging.
Learn more about Samin and Eating for Education
- Website: www.ciaosamin.com
- Twitter: @ciaosamin
- Eating for Education: www.eatingforeducation.org
- Twitter: @eat4education
|Cupcake from my local Bakesale for Japan|
- Website: http://brittbravo.com
- Speaking & workshop calendar: http://brittbravo.com/speaking
- Blog: http://havefundogood.blogspot.com
- Twitter: @Bbravo
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/britt.bravo
"Mango Delight," by Kenya Masala. You can connect with Kenya through CD Baby, Source Consulting Group, and Facebook.