Monday, October 10, 2011

Meatless Monday: Cookies Everyone Can Eat (Sugar-free, Vegan, Gluten-Free)

Meatless Monday is a nonprofit initiative of The Monday Campaigns. Their goal is to help reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health.  Each week I share meatless recipes I've tried from cookbooks and online.  You can see past Meatless Monday posts by clicking here.

Soooo . . . . I realize that cookies aren't usually made with meat, but sadly, this is the only new and interesting recipe I tried last week.  I made these Fluffy Banana Chocolate Chunk Cookies from the Spoonful of Sugar Free blog for a gathering of pals who have a range of dietary restrictions.  They're sugar-free, vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and if you eliminate the layer of peanut butter cream, nut-free.

The ladies I made them for seemed to like them. Honestly, the unsweetened chocolate was a bit strong for my taste.  If I make them again, I'll use much bigger bananas so that the cookies will be moister, and have more banana flavor.


What yummy meatless dishes did you make last week, or do you want to make this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.