One of my jobs is as the Community Builder for NetSquared, a project of Tech Soup that works to help nonprofits and NGOs use the social web for social change.
If you, or someone you know, is working on a tech for social impact project, please encourage them to nominate their project for a NetSquared Innovation Fund Award. We are looking for projects that:
- Use the power of community and social networks to create change
- Use existing/newly developed technology tools for social impact
- Have a plausible financial model
- Have a clear way to measure success
- Exhibit extraordinary leadership, passion and resourcefulness
- Exhibit a passion for social change
1. Check out the project guidelines.
2. Submit your project online.
Submissions will be accepted until Friday, April 6, 2007 at noon, U.S. PST. You can see the projects that have been nominated so far here.
April 9-14 nominated projects will be voted on by the public on the NetSquared web site. On April 16 we will announce the 20 NetSquared Featured Projects that will receive an all-expense paid trip to the NetSquared Conference in San Jose, CA May 29-30, 2007.
If you, or someone you know, has a great idea for how to use technology for social change that meets the guidelines above, this may be an opportunity to make a vision into reality.
NetSquared badges, like the one above are available on the NetSquared site.