A week or so ago Jory Des Jardins of Pause tagged me for the meme that is going around, Five Things You Don't Know About Me. I'll list my five and continue the chain by tagging five more bloggers: Beth Kanter, Green LA Girl, Urban Sprouts School Gardens (Abby Jaramillo), HappyKatie, and Vale of Evening Fog, but since Time magazine named the person of the year, you, I would like to know about you, Have Fun * Do Good readers.
Below are five things I would like to know about you. You can answer them in the comments, or if you have a blog, post the answers on your blog, and add a link to your blog from the comments here
1. Where do you live?
2. What do you do to have fun?
3. What do you do to do good?
4. Do you ever combine the two?
5. Do you have a blog, podcast or web site? If so, what is it?
Ok, here is my list of Five Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. My favorite books growing up were Harriet the Spy, From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, and My Side of the Mountain. I used to carry around a little notebook, like Harriet, when I was in 5th and 6th grade. When my husband gave me an original copy of Harriet the Spy, I knew I'd found my guy.
2. I love to bake and eat cupcakes, have a collection of cupcake cookbooks, and own many containers and trays to store, transport, give away, and display cupcakes. Some of my favorite places to eat cupcakes are the Teacake Bakeshop in Emeryville, CA, Sprinkles Cupcakes in Los Angeles, CA and the Magnolia Bakery, in New York City. My favorite kind of cupcake is a white or yellow cupcake with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting.
3. I used to want to be an actress. My junior year of high school I was the lead in the play, I Never Saw Another Butterfly, based on the book of the same title, about the children at the Terezin concentration camp. We took it to a state competition, and I won an award for my performance. I took theater classes my first year at Vassar College, but once I became a Sociology major, I stopped. The last storytelling I did was as a teacher with Streetside Stories.
4. I love to watch the Golden Globes and the Oscars.
5. My maiden name is Aageson, which is Norwegian. Since I took my husband's name I am often asked, "Is that your real name?", and now even my closest friends say, "Britt Bravo!" when I answer the phone.
Enough about me. Tell me about you.
Image from the Reading Nook.