Sunday, February 11, 2007

Belief-O-Matic

Do you ever feel like a religious misfit? None of the religions really do it for you, but you are pretty sure that there is some kind of something "out there", you think it is important to be a good person, and sometimes you would like to be a part of a community of people who share your beliefs and values.

Recently I came across an intriguing quiz called, Belief-O-Matic that asks you 20 heavy duty multiple choice questions like, "What happens to humans after death?" "Why is there terrible wrongdoing in the world?", and "What are the origins of the physical universe and life on earth?" In addition to choosing the answer that is closest to your belief, you also prioritize how important that belief is to you.

Living in the Bay Area, I don't come across many people who would call themselves religious. Many like me, were raised in a particular faith, but no longer practice it, and very few would make reference to God in the course of regular conversation, but I have been amazed at how many people, have said, "I wonder what I am?" when I told them about the quiz, and wanted to take it, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Turns out my beliefs are closest to those of a "Liberal Quaker." Who knew? Even more interesting to me, is that I am least like a "Roman Catholic", which is how I was raised. What does it say about you?

Photo Credit: sunrise.today.drama by Alan L.



4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, says I'm a Neo Pagan Unitarian Universalism New Age Liberal Quaker Buddhist... I'd probably put that in reverse order, but its just about right :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you surprised by any of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not in the least. Consider myself a spiritual person. I've cast a few circles in my time, and I considered Glide my home for many years. But like many people here in NoCal, am exploring the dharma more and more. So cliched, but true.

    Never been to a Quaker meeting, but I just might have to out check their services on 9th Street sometime. Maybe I'll see you there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:44 AM

    as I just recently posted on my blog, I'm apparently an Orthodox Quaker, with my Evangelical upbringing only getting me 4th for conservative Christian

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact