The first person to list their five favorite nonprofit blogs, and the winner of a Have Fun * Do Good tote or mug, is Nedra Weinreich, author of the social marketing blog, Spare Change and the book, Hands-On Social Marketing.
Nedra asked me to let you all know about her Social Marketing University March 28-30 in Washington DC. She is offering Have Fun * Do Good readers $75 off the registration fee if they use this code: HFDG75.
I've included some info. about what you will learn that Nedra sent to me below. If you have questions, you can contact her at weinreich AT social-marketing DOT com
You Will Learn:social
- How social marketing uses commercial marketing tools to create behavior change
- How to think like a social marketer
- How to segment and understand your audience
- How to develop a strategy using the 8 Ps of the social marketing mix
- How to follow the social marketing process to develop an effective program
- How to use audience research techniques to build and test your strategy, including an in-depth discussion of focus groups
- How to design effective messages and materials
- How to work with the media to get your message out through news and entertainment programming
- How to use cutting-edge technologies to put the new media to work for you
- How to get the most out of your social marketing budget -- even if it's small