Below are some of the tips the panelists shared for how to get folks engaged for change online:
- Give instant, bite-sized feedback.
- Create an addictive experience.
- Help people feel powerful.
- Be honest.
- Be passionate.
- Be transparent.
- Provide opportunities that create measurable change.
- Involve a lot of people.
- Use the carrot.
- Use the stick.
- Focus on quality content and community, not on the technology.
- Make people feel like they are part of something bigger than themselves.
- Facilitate peer-to-peer referrals.
Check out some of the other posts about Money, Mobs, and Media, and the launch of the Hub Bay Area:
- Mobilizing Change by Kelli Peterson on The Inspired Economist
- Contrasting Approaches to Changing the World at The Hub by Nathaniel Whittemore on Change.org
- Where is Philanthropy's Community? by Tony Wang on Philosopher 2.0
- Social Innovators Converge at The Hub by Nancy Friedman on InBerkeley
Cross-posted from BlogHer.com.