Thursday, March 03, 2011

Tara Sophia Mohr, Wise Living: How I Have Fun, Do Good

The third guest blogger in my Have Fun, Do Good series is by Tara Sophia Mohr.

Tara is a coach, and personal growth teacher. Her work focuses on helping women play big and lead. A regular columnist for Huffington Post, her work has also been featured in USA Today, Forbes, Ode Magazine, and other publications. Tara received her MBA from Stanford University. You can connect with Tara on her blog, Wise Living, and on Twitter at @tarasophia

 Tara Sophia Mohr, Wise Living: How I Have Fun, Do Good

Every woman has a unique brilliance, an important message to share with the world, a set of gifts the world needs.

But somewhere along the way in life – most of us end up doubting the value of our ideas, shrinking our voices, and in general, playing small.

Through coaching, group programs, and my writing, I help women share their voices -- fully and boldly in the world.

For me, the fun comes in 1) meeting so many remarkable, talented, women 2) hearing about and nurturing their visions – which inspire me and 3) watching them start to play big in their work.

The doing good part for me is about this: a couple of years ago, the Dalai Lama said, in a public lecture, “The world will be saved by Western women.” I think the world will be saved by all of us – with everyone playing a part. But I do think women in the developed world – women with access to power and resources – have a particularly important role to play, a more critical role than we think.

The world needs women to come forward with their ideas, critiques, innovations, leadership, contributions, to bring our planet back into balance. By helping other women unleash their own leadership, I’m doing the most high impact thing I could – given my own strengths and abilities – to enrich the world.

Click here to get Tara's free workbook, "10 Rules for Brilliant Women." 

If you liked this post, you might also like:


Bookmark and Share




Share

2 comments:

  1. Hi Britt and Tara,

    Love have fun and do good! Need more of both. I, too, would love to see women speak up more. It would stop much of the insanity we collectively get into by cowering speechless in the darkened corners.

    There's only a program if we go along with it. It all starts in childhood -- we arrive in the world feeling powerful, yet over time others convince us to give it back until we don't hold any of it anymore.

    Take it back! Thx, G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked the post, Giuletta. Thanks for sharing it with your peeps on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact