Monday, November 07, 2011

Meatless Monday: How Often Do You Dine by Candlelight?

Meatless Monday is a nonprofit initiative of The Monday Campaigns. Their goal is to help reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health.  Each week I share meatless recipes I've tried from cookbooks and online.  You can see past Meatless Monday posts by clicking here.


I have a confession to make.  The hubs and I almost never eat at the dining room table.  We usually eat in the living room, on the sofa, while watching The Daily Show, which I love.  As the Penny on Happy Endings (another show that makes me laugh) said on a recent episode, "So here I am, laughing AND learning.”

This weekend, my dad came to visit, and we sat at the dining room table with candles, a tablecloth and cloth napkins. It was so nice! I made Gingery Miso-Spinach Soup from Vegan Soups and Stews for All Seasons by Nava Atlas, which I served with heads of roasted garlic, toasted bread, and edamame.  Yum. You can view the soup recipe on Google Books, and I've embedded it at the bottom of this post too.

How often do you dine at the table with a tablecloth, cloth napkins and candlelight?

Gingery Miso-Spinach soup close up from another dinner
Tablecloth & napkins I made last year during Art Every Day Month



Full disclosure: The Nava Atlas cookbook I linked to at the top of the post is attached to my Amazon Associates account, which means that if you buy anything after clicking on the link, I get a percentage of the sale.


Bookmark and Share 
 
Share

2 comments:

  1. Your handmade tablecloth and napkins are beautiful. I think candles always add a special ambiance to a meal! Tonight, we had meatless Greek pasta...even if it is Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan ~

    What goes into meatless Greek pasta? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact