Beth has been hard at work on her Take Back the Filter campaign to urge The Clorox Company, which owns Brita in North America, to redesign their filters, and provide a way for them to be recycled in the U.S.
Here are some ways individuals can get involved:
1) Send an e-mail to everyone you know. (Sample e-mail.)These are actually great tips for anyone who is creating a campaign for a cause they care about. Check out more ways to get involved on the Spread the Word page of Take Back the Filter.
2) If you have a blog, consider writing a post about the campaign. Or install this badge on your sidebar and link it to http://www.takebackthefilter.org.
3) Put up fliers around campus, in grocery stores, and on community bulletin boards:
5) Write a letter to the editor of your local paper.
6) Call your local radio station and let them know about the campaign.
7) Publish an announcement in the newsletter of any local groups, or religious organizations to which you belong.