Friday, November 05, 2010

Cat House on the Kings: Have Fun, Do Good Friday Video

Regular readers probably know that the hubs and I live with a wonderful cat, Dora, who we adopted through a local organization, Maine Coon Adoptions.  She's not really your regular, independent, "I'll see you when I see you," kind of cat.  She greets people at the door, follows us to every room, likes to eat when we eat, and "talks" A LOT.  Not a day goes by that she doesn't crack us up, and bring us happiness.

At some point this year, the hubs came home and told me about this amazing place he'd visited on a sound job: The Cat House on the Kings.  Cat House on the Kings is California's largest no-cage, no-kill, lifetime cat sanctuary and adoption center.  It's a 12-acre facility where 500-700 cats (and some dogs) live together inside, outside, up in trees, wherever they want.  I forgot all about it until Maine Coon Adoptions posted on their Facebook Page this week that they took a road trip there to drop off three feral cats.

Below is a terrific video about Cat House on the Kings so you can see, as the filmmaker calls it, this "Planet of the Cats."  I'd hope I can visit there someday >^..^<



You can see more Have Fun, Do Good Friday videos here.


Bookmark and Share




Share

4 comments:

  1. Oh I had two Maine Coon cats also.

    Love their personality!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, aren't they awesome? Who knew cats could be so social?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you. Love your kitty-zen masta-hostess-Dora...love Cat House on King! Thanks for the variety of your posts...always so inspiring and educational...and fun!s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're liking them, G (:

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact